Start with delicious, nutritious meals prepared by our chef. Add meaningful friendships and enriching activities. And then reap the benefits of enrichment programs that nurture your body, mind and soul. It’s a whole-person approach to senior wellness that we call Living Well, and it underpins everything we do at Gulf Coast Village.
Enrich body, mind and soul with our whole-person approach to wellness.
With our full-time wellness director as your guide, you’ll design a dynamic plan that’s unique to you and connects myriad dimensions: physical, social, intellectual, spiritual, emotional, vocational and environmental – for a happier, healthier you.
Choose your path.
You’ll set your own goals for total well-being:
- Physical activities for fitness, mobility, flexibility and balance
- Social interactions and fun activities with family and friends
- Intellectual pursuits for problem-solving, critical thinking and creativity
- Spiritual reflection and meditation toward inner peace
- Emotional health through sharing, positive actions and thoughts
- Vocational opportunities to learn new skills and stay well informed
- Environmental awareness and spending time in nature
Opportunity knocks daily.
Whether you’re active or haven’t exercised in a while, there’s a class just right for you. Try our fitness center, equipped with strength machines, treadmills, a recumbent bike, free weights and exercise balls. Or head over to the outdoor heated pool to swim laps or join an aqua aerobics session. Choose from a variety of weekly activities, which include:
- Tai Chi
- Aqua Fit
- Sit Down & Shape Up class
- Better Balance class
- Brain games
- Line dancing
- Creative writing
- Cooking demos
- Resident-led committees and study groups
- Walking Path Exercise Program
Classes, assessments and orientations are free for our residents, and we welcome nonresidents for a nominal fee.
Not a resident? Sign up for a wellness class and receive a month free. Schedule a time by filling out the request form.